The Airborne Remote Sensing Center is devoted to the acquisition, processing and storage of top-performance spaceborne remote-sensing data as well as the development of technologies for their operational capacity improvement.
Its major tasks include: operational management of airborne remote sensing systems; maintenance of remote-sensing planes; procurement of optical and microwave remote sensing data; and pre-processing of aerial data. It also runs graduate programs.
There are five divisions under the Center:
1. Division of Operational Management of Airborne Remote Sensing
2. Division of Airplane Engineering
3. Division of Optical System Engineering
4. Division of Micro-wave System Engineering
5. Division of Data Preprocessing